Family Promise of Hawaii is teaming up with Help Us Move In (HUMI) to offer a community challenge! The challenge is built on the belief that a combination of case management, opportunity, and community can empower the families we serve towards self-sufficiency. 100% of funds raised will help children and their families escape homelessness through temporary assistance. Contributions raised through the Challenge are restricted to rental assistance, housing arrears, and move-in expenses, including security deposits. The program has multiple benefits:
- supplements existing rehousing/prevention programs
- helps families who may not qualify for existing programs
- creates community awareness and engagement on the issue of family homelessness
- builds lasting relationships with landlords
- expands our programming base
- puts children and families into homes
Since we launched the campaign in late 2018, we have helped 22 families (including 43 children) to maintain their housing or to secure alternative housing. The average cost of assistance per child has been $372.
We challenge YOU to help support the Homeless No More campaign by making a donation below. Your support can help keep children in their homes!