Become a part of our team!
We are currently looking for a passionate, social service professional to join our team as our Housing Case Manager.
Role of the Housing Case Manager:
- To expedite the housing placement process for both Emergency Shelter and Diversion program participants by providing intensive housing-focused case management services.
- Support families on the brink of homelessness or who are experiencing homelessness in their search for housing.
- Refer families to community resources.
- Collaborate with other agencies to support families’ identified housing goals.
- Work with the After Care Case Manager to transition families from the Emergency Shelter or Diversion programs into the After Care program.
- Participate in agency events and fundraisers.
- Other duties as assigned by the Program Director and Executive Director.
These outcomes will be met by:
- Creating a housing-focused case plan with families
- Facilitate case management sessions with families to discuss employment, budgeting, and other barriers to obtaining affordable housing
- Maintaining client files, completing case notes, and inputting client data into agency database
- Teaching financial literacy skills
- Identifying affordable housing options for families
- Assisting families with all documentation and applications
- Following up on applications
- Completing exit procedure including exit forms and exit survey
- Participating in weekly supervision with Program Director
- 4 year degree in human services field preferred, but will consider professional experience in lieu of degree
- Experience in human services field required
- Self-motivated and passionate about advocating for families experiencing homelessness
- Empathetic and able to empower choice
- Solid communication and presentation skills
- Team player who works well with a variety of personalities
- Able to accept feedback
- Adaptable to change
- Flexible with work schedule and location (will split time between our Honolulu location and Wahiawa location, opening Summer 2019)
- Valid driver’s license required
- Must have reliable transportation
Pay: $40,000 – $45,000 based on qualifications
How to apply: Send a resume and cover letter describing your fit with Family Promise of Hawaii and with this position to [email protected].
Please Note: Only short-listed applicants will be notified.